Jeans Kim Kardashian Wears
Jeans can make a women's curves look great. With buxom celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and Kim Kardashian now strutting their stuff, a well endowed backside is considered an asset by most people. But being voluptuous can come with it's own problems. It can be a challenge to find jeans that fit well all over. Here are some things to keep in mind when looking for jeans for big butts.
- Go with a boot cut or straight leg - If you have a well endowed backside and slip into a pair of skinny jeans, this is going to draw attention to your jeans and make your butt look even bigger. Instead, opt for a straight leg or boot cut style that will straighten your leg and won't draw much attention to the contrast between thin legs and a big rear end.
- Opt for a medium rise - You may not want to hear it, but low slung denim will make you look wider and shorter. You'll do well to find jeans that sit higher on the waist. A pair that sit 2 fingers below your belly button is ideal. The tricky part about buying jeans for big butts is finding a rise that fits properly in the crotch. Designers brands like Seven For All Mankind, Citizens Of Humanity, Earnest Sewn and James now have jeans with a lower rise in the front and higher rise in the back. This can greatly help fit a larger tush.
- Try besom or flapped besom pockets - A besom pocket is a flap-less pocket that's usually found on the front of a man's suit jacket. These slit shaped pockets will look amazing on you because of their thin construction and high placement. And because the pocket is only a slit, it won't add any bulk to your backside. If you can locate them, a great style to try is William Rast Savoy trouser jeans. They were sold out in stores, but may still be available online. These are super flattering butt and thigh minimizing jeans with besom pockets.
- Avoid tiny pockets at all costs - Little bitty pockets will leave too much blank space on your bum which can make it look too disproportionate. Look for medium sized pockets with subtle embroidery. The embroidery should additionally be in a rounded shape that's the same color as your pants to help camouflage your rear.
- Pocket placement is key - Pockets that are placed too high or close together can make a large back end appear even bigger. On the other hand, if they are placed too low, your bum may look droopy. The most universally flattering placement is when the bottom of the pocket ends where your cheek meets your thigh.
- Pay attention to the yoke - This is the strip of fabric located between the waistband and back pockets of your jeans. Yokes come in various shapes such as an inverted arc, straight and wide. You want to find a pair with a "V" shaped yoke. This will help your bottom look more curved from the top and give it a lifted look.
- The darker, the better - Dark colors are minimizing. Wearing a pair of light colored denim will make you look at least 50 percent wider in the hips, if anything. You'll be better off with darker washes as this will create a long silhouette and make your thighs and buttocks appear slimmer.
You may have a big bottom, but finding jeans for big butts doesn't have to be hard. You are now armed with the knowledge on how to make jeans work with your curves and not against them. Consider it a blessing and not a curse because us skinny folks would easily trade places with you any day!
Jeans Kim Kardashian Wears